Friday, April 29, 2005

Eagle Medicine


Eagle Medicine
Originally uploaded by suelu23.
Eagle Medicine. I wanted to do a painting about an eagle shaman, and had the idea to try suspending the canvas in a dreamcatcher-like wreath. It wasn’t until I went to paint it that I realized I’d never seen a shaman, and had only a general idea of what one looked like. So I decided to attempt to capture the motion of the dance instead, as an eagle spirit descends into the shaman. The brush technique in this piece is one I definitely want to explore again. I would like to revisit the character of line I use here while refining the color palette. In this piece I discovered that colors can be incidental in defining a shape if the gesture is foremost, but in my first attempt with this technique, the colors got a bit muddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home